Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 hrs
I found this on another recipe site. I believe this chef is also a Zaar chef----- "Shared by: Dancer 3 Points Per Serving Hi Everyone, I made this last night and its wonderful. You don't need and icecream maker for this. I used the hand mixer for a good 5 minutes. DHTB loved it and thought it was fattening *looking innocent* I never told him it was low-fat. ooops."
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
- Pour into the freezer can or a 2-quart hand-turned or electric freezer; (I used a large coffee can) let freeze for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from freezer; stir in walnuts.
- Put back in freezer for at least 12 hours.
Great flavor! I had extra whole milk I needed to use and have a gallon of maple syrup that wasn't getting any younger. I used all whole milk and two eggs. I toasted the nuts in a bit of butter. I put it in my electric counter top Deni Ice Cream Freezer and it was the perfect amount. I whipped it all up in my 4 cup measuring cup adding the milk then syrup then putting in the eggs. In the Deni it takes very little time at all. I cooled the nuts in my freezer and added them towards the end of the freezing right to the machine. Next time I might substitute a cup of heavy cream for the evaporated milk to make it ice cream instead of ice milk. Yum yum!