Recipe by Proud Veteran's wife
This comes from Better Homes & Gardens (Celebrating the promise) cookbook. I have not tried this recipe yet but it sounds very good to me! I'm posting so I will try, and thought I would share!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 16 ounces baby carrots, tops trimmed or 16 ounces baby carrots, peeled
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add carrots top with sweet potatoes and dried apricots.
- In a small bowl stir together maple syrup, orange juice concentrate, water, melted butter, salt white pepper, and cinnamon. Pour over potato mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-9 hours or on high heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours Serve with a slotted spoon.