Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy! A hint of maple, and very low-fat. Yum!
Make and share this Low-Fat Maple Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 400F, and grease muffin cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients, set aside.
- Beat egg, and mix with all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in dry ingredients, and add wet ingredients all at once.
- Mix JUST UNTIL COMBINED. Any more and the muffins will be tough.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Top with chopped pecans and brown sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, depending on size. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
- NOTE : 1 3/4 cups flour may be better than 2 cups (for the 'toughness') -- so you may want to try that!
great low fat muffin. followed to recipe exactly but used cake flour.
This recipe was wonderful. The next day i warmed a muffin drizzled maple syrup on it and it was good to go. A little bit tough though but i probably added to much flour though.
This is a lovely low-fat (or fat-free!) muffin -- NOT overly sweet at all. In fact, I think I'd add some more Splenda next time, because it had a strong cinnamon flavor and I like to balance it out. I used one cup of white flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, two egg whites, fat-free soymilk, and sugar-free maple syrup. I omitted the brown sugar in the topping to keep it sugar-free, and never actually glazed them. They actually keep VERY well, because I had made them to give to someone and I didn't wind up having a chance for a few days... since I used Splenda, I stored them in the refrigerator, and nobody knew they weren't freshly baked! Thanks for posting!!