Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Traditional mandarin orange cake with less fat due to substituting apple sauce for the oil.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges.
- Beat on high about 6 minutes.
- Put in a 9 x 13 pan, very well greased and floured.
- Bake 15 minutes at 325 degrees, or until cake is done.
- Let cool.
- Mix pudding and pineapple with juice, fold in a large tub of cool whip.
- Top cake with this.
- NOTES: Refrigerate.