1/1 Photo of Low Fat Mandarin Chicken Salad
From my local paper this recipe takes a popular salad (such as the one served at Wendy's) and reduces the calories by 29 percent and the fat by 41 percent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, torn into pieces and loosely packed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and salted
- 1 1/2 cups canned mandarin oranges, packed in juice and drained
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1Place chicken breasts in pot of boiling water; reduce heat, cover pot and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Once it's thoroughly cooked, remove chicken from pot, cool meat and then dice into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Combine all dressing ingredients in medium bowl and mix well with electric mixer until blended. Chill dressing before serving.
- 3While dressing chills, combine all salad ingredients in large bowl. Toss dressing into salad or serve dressing on side.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Mandarin Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 327.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crisp chow mein noodles