Recipe by Marsha D.
A recipe from Taste of Home magazine that I changed to fit what I had on hand in the kitchen and turned out pretty darn good!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
I thought this was really good! I liked the texture of the ricotta and parmesan. Instead of milk, I used fat-free half and half. I did add a bit more salt, pepper, and some onion powder, as well as a few squirts of dijon mustard. Thanks Marsha!
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to pkg. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In food processor or blender combine milk,ricotta cheese, onion, parmesan cheese,salt and pepper. Cover and process til smooth. Pour into a bowl add macaroni and 1/4c cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- In a 1 quart baking dish spray lightly with Pam and pour mixture in and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake an extra 10 minutes longer to a bubbly stage.