Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Use the low-fat white sauce also posted. Prep time does not include time to make white sauce.
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup low-fat white sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in salted water until tender. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare the white sauce and while it is hot, toss with macaroni, brown mustard, cayenne pepper, reduced fat cheddar cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese and Romano. Pack into a casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes.