Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
That actually does NOT taste low fat, true! Not the way I USED to do! No butter or oil too! Hope you will agree and do a review!
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheese
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- COOK pasta and DRAIN; keep warm.
- In same saucepan, ADD milk and flour and WHISK until smooth; heat to BOIL stirring all the time to make sure does not stick.
- ADD mustard and black pepper.
- Once at a boil, allow to simmer about 3 minutes til thickened slightly.
- ADD cheese stirring until total melted.
- ADD pasta back into saucepan; stir until well coated.
- NOTE: Was inspired by the internet to post this; I HOPE you don't give it a miss!
- NOTE: Can top with tsp of parsley or 1 tsp chilli flakes when adding mustard and pepper; is all up to YOU! :).
This was quite good, although I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used plain soy milk (which will make it creamier), 2 cups shredded cheese and added 2 Tbsp. low fat margarine.
uummmm. Okay, i pretty much made it to the recipe and I didnt really like it...BUT i used whole wheat pasta and maybe that affected the taste. Overall, I pretty much wont be making again.
It istn't creamy and smooth like higher-fat macaroni and cheese, but considering how lowfat it is, it's pretty darn good. I used lowfat cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. I used my immersion blender to blend the flour and milk together, since without butter, the two just don't combine well. I did add the parsley mentioned in step nine and some extra Dijon. Great if you're dieting and crave mac & cheese! Thanx for posting.