Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Nice appetizer, looks attractive and it's low fat/low calorie
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half, yolks removed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese, pureed
- 1 ounce lox
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- Take 2 egg yolks and place in food processor, using steel blade (Use remaining 4 yolks for some other purpose).
- Add cream cheese, sour cream (cottage cheese), salmon & lemon juice.
- Pulse until you have a well blended mixture (If you over pulse the mixture will become runny).
- Fill the eggs and garnish with a sprig of dill and 3 capers.
These were outstanding. It is amazing that you can have so many ingredients and yet taste them all and not have one overpower another. We chopped up whole berry capers (our preference) to the size of regular ones, finely diced the lox and used the sour cream (which I think would be the best choice). The combination was really dynamite!
Liked this combination very much. Used sour cream and mixed it all before adding the lox. Did not pulse, just mixed with a fork. To our own preference I also added 2 teaspoons of prepared horseradish. It looked very attractive indeed and was very tasty. From the unused yolks I made a little eggsalad. Thanks for posting.
my husband is a diabtic so i really like to get this kind of recipe. thanks a lot darlene stone