Recipe by Bergy
Nice appetizer, looks attractive and it's low fat/low calorie
Top Review by Maito
These were outstanding. It is amazing that you can have so many ingredients and yet taste them all and not have one overpower another. We chopped up whole berry capers (our preference) to the size of regular ones, finely diced the lox and used the sour cream (which I think would be the best choice). The combination was really dynamite!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half, yolks removed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese, pureed
- 1 ounce lox
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 2 egg yolks and place in food processor, using steel blade (Use remaining 4 yolks for some other purpose).
- Add cream cheese, sour cream (cottage cheese), salmon & lemon juice.
- Pulse until you have a well blended mixture (If you over pulse the mixture will become runny).
- Fill the eggs and garnish with a sprig of dill and 3 capers.