Recipe by Kasha
Inspired from Kittencal's great Apple Snack Cake. I needed a version lightened up as far as it would go. Really a good recipe, fast, easy, cheap and everyone will love it!
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 apple, chopped and peeled (1 cup)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven to 350°.
- Spray a square pan with nonstick spray, I used a glass pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- In another bowl, combine water, oil, lemon juice, vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until just combined.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon, fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.