Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious for those who have aquired a taste for this kind of Healthy recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg or 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute or 1 cup egg white
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combined Flour, Germ, Soda, Powder, Cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Next combine Sugars, Egg substitutes, Vanilla and Buttermilk.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Next add the Pineapples(do not drain), Carrots,Raisens, Coconut, and Crushed Pecans.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 Cake pan or a Bundt pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Bake 35-45 minutes depending on your oven or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before frosting. I frost this cake with a Low Sugar Low Fat Cream Cheese Frosting or you can just sprinkle with a dusting of powdered Sugar.