Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a modification of a recipe that was good, but definitely not tummy friendly for me.....
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄3 cups bananas, mashed overripe
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2 Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- 3 In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- 4 In separate bowl, cream together butter, applesauce, sugar and honey.
- 5 Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- 6 Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- 7 Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 8 Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- 9 Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.