Recipe by One Happy Woman
This is my version of the microwave chocolate cake - only I don't cook it for the full minute - stopping just short of a minute yields a pudding cake - and is really delicious. This is also lower in fat and carbs and is wheat/gluten-free. I exchanged half and half for butter and milk, and replaced the 1 T flour with cocoa (which is, technically, a flour) for all you gluten-allergic, cake-starved folks out there.
Top Review by Cindy-in-the-Kitchen
This totally satisfied my craving for chocolate cake! I did substitute the half & half for 2.5 Tablespoons of heavy cream & 2.5 tablespoons of water. That brought the net carbs down to only 3 for the whole delicious cake (according the site I use to track calories & carbs!) Be sure to mix up your egg well, or you'll have a white streak of egg going through it. Best eaten warm, IMO. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (I use Hershey's Special Dark)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray coffee mug with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Add a very scant pinch of salt.
- Microwave for about 55 seconds - just until the mixture rises above the rim of the cup. If you cook it much longer, it gets rubbery.
- Yes, it's pretty good topped with Cool-Whip or sugar free ice cream or a little more half-and-half.