Prep 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
This is a tasty and satisfying one dish meal that's high in flavor and low in fat and calories! Based on a recipe from a Healthy Cooking book that says it has just 229 calories per serving, 15 g of protein and 7 g fat! We like it with a salad and a nice dinner roll.
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 158.51 ml water
- 1 can low-fat cream of celery soup (Campbells makes one, it's called Healthy Request) or 1 can reduced-fat cream of broccoli soup
- 177.44 ml Minute Rice
- 354.88 ml cubed cooked ham
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- In saucepan combine carrot, celery, onion and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in undiluted soup, uncooked rice, ham and poultry seasoning.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that you have sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350.
Easy to make. Great tasting. Even the kids loved it!
This was a really great, fast dish to make. A reviewer suggested that it might be better with chicken, so I did use chicken, and it was delicious. I served it with a salad and it made a complete meal, low-calorie, low fat and delicious.
This dish was a test for something different. My husband is not crazy about ham, but I like it. I followed all the ingredients except I cut out the poultry seasoning. I just added a little ground black pepper. It was very easy, but a little bland so I spiced it up with a side of jalepeno corn bread. My husband liked it ! I will be making this again. Thanks for the great recipe!