Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love wedding soup, but not the calories or carbs that go along with it. So I came up with my own version that loses all the calories and carbs but none of the flavor!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup pork rind, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti squash, cooked and diced
- 2 cups white meat chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine ground turkey, egg, crushed pork rinds, oregano, minced garlic and celery well.
- Form into small meatballs. Place meatballs onto cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- In large stock pot, saute onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add squash, chicken, spinach, meatballs, and chicken broth (you can adjust broth to suit your preference).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I know it takes time to make the meatballs, but trust me, you'll be glad you did. They are wonderul!