Recipe by Haleh Welcher
This cake is easy to make. It's surprisingly moist and the perfect snack to satisfy those chocolate cravings. Enjoy!
Top Review by Penny's Ocean
These were good. I would use a bit less splenda. You can definitely taste it in here, I'm excited for these low fat/calorie recipes! Also, i made about 24 cupcakes out of this recipe. I would recommend it to friends!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with an electric mixer set on LOW.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for another 3 minutes, (until it lightens).
- Spray a muffin tray with fat free butter flavor PAM.
- Pour the batter into the cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.