Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cake is easy to make. It's surprisingly moist and the perfect snack to satisfy those chocolate cravings. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with an electric mixer set on LOW.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for another 3 minutes, (until it lightens).
- Spray a muffin tray with fat free butter flavor PAM.
- Pour the batter into the cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
These were good. I would use a bit less splenda. You can definitely taste it in here, I'm excited for these low fat/calorie recipes! Also, i made about 24 cupcakes out of this recipe. I would recommend it to friends!
I'm sorry Haleh, we didn't like these very much. Very spongy texture and sort of a funny taste. I got 24 regular cupcakes and 12 mini ones out of thise. I cooked it for the prescribed 20 minutes and they were starting to burn. So I'd check them earlier. We ate a few, so they are edible, but not something we really liked. But I love the chance to try stuff like this, so thanks for posting! Sorry it did not work out for us.