Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cake is easy to make. It's surprisingly moist and the perfect snack to satisfy those chocolate cravings. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with an electric mixer set on LOW.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for another 3 minutes, (until it lightens).
- Spray a muffin tray with fat free butter flavor PAM.
- Pour the batter into the cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
These were good. I would use a bit less splenda. You can definitely taste it in here, I'm excited for these low fat/calorie recipes! Also, i made about 24 cupcakes out of this recipe. I would recommend it to friends!
I'm sorry Haleh, we didn't like these very much. Very spongy texture and sort of a funny taste. I got 24 regular cupcakes and 12 mini ones out of thise. I cooked it for the prescribed 20 minutes and they were starting to burn. So I'd check them earlier. We ate a few, so they are edible, but not something we really liked. But I love the chance to try stuff like this, so thanks for posting! Sorry it did not work out for us.