Recipe by dolphyn722
PER SERVING: 289 CAL.; 6G PROT.; 4G TOTAL FAT (1G SAT. FAT); 59G CARS.; 0 CHOL.; 624MG SOD.; 2G FIBER. from an article in the vegetarian times- vegan recipe preserves traditional flavor and texture, garnishes are an essential part of this dish and usual options include nuts, sprouts, chopped fresh or dried chilies, chopped green onions, fresh cilantro and slices of lemon or lime. For maximum crunch, use vegetable garnishes, such as grated carrots, thin slices of bell pepper, finely shredded lettuce and thinly sliced radishes.
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 large tomatoes (ripe, seeded and diced)
- 4 ounces snow peas (trimmed)
- 4 ounces firm tofu (drained and cut into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (chopped, for garnish)
- 4 green onions (chopped for garnish)
- 2 ounces bean sprouts (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, snow peas and tofu and stir-fry just until tender, about 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and lime juice and bring to; simmer. Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles and cilantro.
- Spoon noodle mixture onto warm plates and garnish with cashews, green onions and bean sprouts.