Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
warm, rich flavor & is very filling! Each serving provides 2.2 portions of your 5-a-day fruit and veg, and is vegetarian friendly. per serving: 117cal, 4.6g fat, 3.6g protein, 16.1 carb, 3.8g fiber
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 g green beans, sliced
- 200 g cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 100 g carrots, sliced
- 100 g potatoes, diced
- 300 ml water
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 20 g sultanas
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix water & bouillon, heat in a large pan and stir fry garlic, onion, and apple for 5 minutes.
- Add chili, ginger & turmeric and continue to stir fry gently for a further minute.
- Add green beans, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes plus 300 ml water.
- Stir in tomato puree, sultanas and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 – 40 minutes.
This makes a huge batch of vegetables, but I was not particularly fond of the combined flavors. Thanks for sharing, though.