Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A version of Baked Potato Soup to cut out some of the fat and calories. Comfort food and crock pot easy!
Top Review by Classy Canuck
My husband loved this. I think he ate 5 bowls. Next time I will add a little cayenne or chili powder, just to add a little more flavor. Also, I didn't have any bacon, so I fried a little ham and threw it in. The flavor was great.
- 3 large baking potatoes, peel and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (609.51 g) can low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 28.39 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 177.44 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 177.44 ml low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 113.39 g low-fat sour cream
- 3 slice turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours,until potatoes are tender.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture and mash potatoes; return to cooker.
- Add Half and Half, cheese, and chives; mix well.
- Heat thoroughly.
- To serve: Top with dollop of sour cream, sprinkles of cooked bacon and more cheese, if desired.