1/1 Photo of Low-Fat Loaded Baked Potato Soup
4 hrs 10 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A version of Baked Potato Soup to cut out some of the fat and calories. Comfort food and crock pot easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes, peel and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Combine first six ingredients in a slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours,until potatoes are tender.
- 3Remove 1 cup of mixture and mash potatoes; return to cooker.
- 4Add Half and Half, cheese, and chives; mix well.
- 5Heat thoroughly.
- 6To serve: Top with dollop of sour cream, sprinkles of cooked bacon and more cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 636.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth