A version of Baked Potato Soup to cut out some of the fat and calories. Comfort food and crock pot easy!
- 3 large baking potatoes, peel and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first six ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours,until potatoes are tender.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture and mash potatoes; return to cooker.
- Add Half and Half, cheese, and chives; mix well.
- Heat thoroughly.
- To serve: Top with dollop of sour cream, sprinkles of cooked bacon and more cheese, if desired.