Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I originally saw this recipe on another website, but I added a few ingredients. This is the best low fat, low cal. Alfredo sauce I have ever tried.
- Put all ingredients, except basil, into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in small saucepan and add basil.
- Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth consistency.
- Add more basil, salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Let cook on very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over any type of pasta or use for vegetable lasagna.
AMAZING!!! Blended all the ingredients in my vitamix blender and then moved it to the stove. I did sautee some fresh garlic to add to it and also an extra tablespoon of cornstarch. Trust me, I have made so many versions of Alfredo sauce and not even the full fat ones have turned out this good! MAKE THIS!!! It tastes just like the restaurant!!!!!!
WINNER WINNER! I whipped this up in my magic bullet until it was perfectly smooth, heated it up on the stove and had dinner on the table in minutes. My husband didn't know if was low-cal, and I didn't tell him. He asked for more. This is a keeper. Thank you for posting!! I am passing it on to my friends and family.
EXCELLENT! I was so pleased with this recipe--for those of us who are counting our fat grams, this is a gem. I doubled the recipe and substituted 1/2 cup fat free half-and-half for 1/2 cup of the milk, used two tablespoons of cornstarch for extra thickness, and used a generous pinch of Mrs. Dash seasoning and plenty of crushed garlic. We served the sauce over angel hair pasta and hubby and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting, Tiffany! :)