Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Lower Fat, Less Sugar recipe of the awesome Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread by Kree. I use these to make muffins and they disappear almost immediately. Just wanted to see how much calories I save by doing it this way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9X5 inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, splenda, pumpkin, eggs, applesauce and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to wire racks and cool completely -- or eat warm.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen muffins if done that way.
I really like this recipe I did change it a little bit. I use 2 c. flour and 1 t. salt, 1 c. egg beaters instead of the 4 eggs and no sugar added applesauce and used splenda and with the sugar. And according to my calculations if you are on Weight Watchers 1 muffin would = 2 1/2 points. Servings per recipe is 18. I would definitely give it a 5 star. And will have it Thanksgiving Day, my husband loved them too and to me that's a plus!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! It was very easy to make and I really liked that.
Very nice texture and moist! Changes I amde: I cut the sugar back to 2 cups total. My personal preference is for a less sweet bread. I changed the salt to 1 tsp, as I am on a lower sodium diet. No difference in final product. Will keep this one!