Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For low fat, have great taste, true! Always another way for a recipe to do! Feel free to experiment with this! HOPE you will not give this a miss!
- 1 red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 500 g pasta sauce
- 830 g brown lentils
- 4 -5 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon stock
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Peel and dice potatoes; place into saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender (about 20 - 25 minutes); drain.
- Add milk; mash and place aside.
- In pan, heat pan then stock (could be chicken or vegetable); add finely diced onion, carrot, celery; cook until soft.
- Add curry powder and sautÃ© for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, pasta sauce (I used eggplant/vegetable) and peas; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place above mixture into prepared (lightly coated with cooking spray) baking dish.
- Top with potato mash; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 minutes at 180Â°C.
- NOTE: Can make individual ones in ramekins as well.
- NOTE: Freezes well too!