Recipe by Vino Girl
This was in my email today from http://lowfatcooking.about.com. I love just about anything that can be made with zucchini!
Top Review by sconehead
I made a couple loaves of this this morning since I had LOTS of zucchini and LOTS more on its way. I made a double batch and instead if 2 eggs I only used 1 with one flax seed replacement for the other. I did use nonfat Greek yogurt instead of drained regular, as suggested by other reviews I did add more yogurt because the batter did seem a bit dry. I had it all made and in the poven when I realized I totally forgot the oil.... probably why it seemed dry.... but it still turned out yummy. Just the right amount of sweet too!! I don't think I'll add the oil next time either! Thanks for a great low fat, and healthy zucchini bread recipe. Will definitely be making again!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and tightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt, drained
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add flour to a large bowl, followed by the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir well with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the zucchini, oil, egg and egg white, vanilla, lemon zest and yogurt.
- Add zucchini mixture to flour mix, combining until just moist.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.