1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
Tweaked recipe from America's Test Kitchen; the recipe does not seem to be available online anymore... My only change is that I substitute fat-free greek yogurt for the low-fat sour cream, but I'll bet Splenda for Baking can also be subbed for the sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Zest and juice lemons, saving each separately. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. In another bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 2Add zest to sugar in large mixing bowl. Add butter and shortening to sugar mixture and beat until it’s light and fluffy. Then add eggs in one at a time, mixing to combine.
- 3Alternate between incorporating the flour and the sour cream mixture into the butter/egg mixture. Three additions of flour, in between two additions of the sour cream mixture. Mix until just combined.
- 4Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray, pour in batter and tap on counter to dislodge any bubbles. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack.
- 5If you prefer a super-moist cake, poke deep holes with wooden skewer or similar tool to help glaze penetrate. Glaze while cake is still warm. If you prefer the glaze to coat the top of the cake, don't poke holes and allow cake to cool before glazing.
- 6To glaze, mix together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and drizzle generously over cake. Serve alone, or with berries, reduced-fat Cool Whip, ice cream, you name it!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Lemon Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 258.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g