Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the nice herb flavor of this chicken dish. Easy enough for family meals, but elegant enough for company dinners too.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Gently loosen skin of the chicken without removing it.
- Under the skin of each breast, rub the berb mixture and tuck in two pieces of orange.
- Place chicken in an oven proof glass dish.
- Pour the juice or win over it and allow to marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roast the chicken at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, skin side down.
- Turn over and continue roasting for another 15 minutes.
- Let set for a few minutes before serving.
This was very good! The chicken smelled so wonderful while roasting. The rub is very nice and the chicken came out very moist. Next time I would marinate it much longer, though, as the rub didn't really seem to make as big of an impact as I had thought it would. The chicken appeared very pale when finished - rather like poached chicken. Even so, this was still a very nice dinner and I would make this again. (I think this would be a nice way to roast a whole chicken as well - and just stuff the orange inside the bird cavity and adjust the time accordingly.) Thanks for sharing this lovely, low cal meal!