1/6 Photos of Low Fat Lemon Chicken
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I found this recipe in the Jolly Cook cookbook. The chicken is coated in a flour mixture and baked instead of fried. Then serve with a delightful lemon sauce poured over the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each chicken breast in half. Mix flour, baking soda and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag. Combine egg whites and water in a medium bowl and mix well. Add chicken a few pieces at a time and turn to coat on all sides. Remove chicken from egg mixture and place in bag with flour. Seal and shake to lightly coat each piece of chicken. Place on baking sheet and bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Prepare sauce when chicken is almost done baking. Heat all sauce ingredients (except water and cornstarch) in a small saucepan until it reaches a light boil, stirring occasionally. Combine the cornstarch and cold water and mix well. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Additional cornstarch/water can be added if a thicker sauce is desired.
- 3Cut each chicken breast digonally into about 5 or 6 slices. Pour lemon sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 486.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth