Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Omit ground beef to trim off more calories or to make a great vegetarian-happy dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 8 ounces 95% lean ground beef (95/5)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 8 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lemons or 1⁄2 lime
- 1 1⁄2 pinches salt
- 1 1⁄2 pinches pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces tostitos scoops baked corn tortilla chips
- Mash/chop avacado in a bowl.
- Add diced onion and tomato and stir.
- Squeeze juice of lemon or lime - for very juicy lemon or lime, only use 1/4.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Fry ground beef in a non-stick frying pan with no added oil - lightly sprinkle 1/2 a pinch of the salt and pepper onto raw meat
- Fry until brown
- Remove ground beef and dab with a paper towel to remove excess oil/fat and dry off the non-stick pan.
- Mix ground beef with 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Warm olive oil in the non-stick pan - add fat-free refried beans - mix frequently and cook until warmed.
- Layer in order of: 1/2 beans, 2 oz of cheese, 1/2 meat, rest of salsa, 1/4 veggie mix, rest of beans, rest of meat, rest of veggie mix and rest of cheese - serve with tortilla chips.