Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with rice.
Make and share this Low Fat Kofta Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1.10 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons korma curry paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 7⁄8 cup beef stock
- 0.88 lb crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Combine beef, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala, half the onion, and 1 tablespoon curry paste.
- Season with salt and pepper, then form into walnut-sized balls.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, add kofta balls and cook in batches until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining onion to pan and cook over very low heat until soft and lightly golden.
- Add remaining curry paste, stock and tomatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and lemon juice.
- Return kofta to the pan and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.
LOVE the taste, TRUE! And SO easy to do! Like last reviewer, just put all in pan for today! SO easy, tasty and low fat...what more can I say?
Like chia, I found the flavors in this simple fare simply divine - a wonderful blend between the curry, ginger, garlic, chili and garam masala. Like chia, I took a short cut and simple tossed the ground beef into the skillet with the onions and spices. I had a lot of left over roasted baby potatoes and tossed them in as well as an alternative to rice. They soaked up the flavors of the sauce beautifully. Next time I will not only add the potatoes but some extra peas and make this a perfect one dish meal. Thanks Jewelies.
i loved the flavor of this curry, it had just the right amount of heat and spice. i admit i did get lazy and just sauteed the meat with the ingredients rather than making meatballs, but otherwise i followed the recipe and added extra peas. i served this over rice, delicious!