Recipe by mickeydownunder
WHAT a mouthful TITLE is, true! These are SO healthy and delicious too! INSPIRED by the internet and yes, ZAAR! These are terrific, better by far!
Top Review by Darkhunter
These were very, very good. I some how ended up with a lot of leftover filling so I just threw it in the freezer. The only change we will make, when we have it again, is to add more heat to the mixture, as 2 teaspoons just aren't enough for us. Also was thinking about serving them enchilada style with a green chile sauce. However, the original recipe as written was a hit at our house! Thnx for posting, mickeydownunder. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 6 cups kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 4 cups mashed sweet potato
- 12 tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven 180°F.
- Cook sweet potato on paper towel in microwave until cooked (depending on size); allow to cool (Rotate cooking time and turn - ie if 8 minutes total; 4 minutes each side).
- HEAT broth in saucepan; sauté onion and garlic until soft; (about 5 minutes).
- STIR in water; bring to a quick boil.
- REMOVE from heat and ADD cumin, mustard, chili powder and tamari.
- COMBINE above mixture with sweet potato (removed from skins) and MASH.
- PLACE one tortilla at a time into microwave and cook for 15 seconds; if cooking in oven, wrap in aluminum foil and place in oven for 10 minutes on 180°F.
- ADD mixture to tortilla and wrap as a burrito; fold bottom half a couple of inches from bottom - fold right hand side over and then rotate towards you and tightly roll up.
- PLACE rolled up tortillas (side down) onto slightly sprayed with oil flat pan.
- TOP with low fat/no fat cheese and BAKE for 12 minutes in 180°F oven.
- These are GREAT to freeze!
- NOTE: Can use 3 cans three bean mix, butter beans or cannelloni beans (420g) drained too!
- NOTE: If you want a bit of a zing, can sprinkle with no-fat Mexican cheese before putting into oven.