Recipe by chirospasm
This "ice cream" was actually an accident--I was making a pie filling and put it in the freezer instead of the fridge, and it came out better than when in the pie! After a few modifications, this is what it has become. I'm sure you could do it with any flavor juice (orange, lemon) but it's so good with lime that I've never tried anything else! The recipe as is comes out very tart (like a good Key Lime pie); the amount of lime juice can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by kandace_rose
I had made this ice cream and it was too intense for me, with such a lime taste, so I made a smoothie out of it with strawberries and a little bit of milk and blended it up! It was delicious!
- 12 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces fat-free cool whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine limeade with lime juice and stir well.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, and stir until smooth and uniform.
- Fold in cool whip until smooth, being careful not to stir to the point that the cool whip breaks down.
- Pour into individual bowls or one large freezer-safe container.
- Freeze four hours or until set.