Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this about like the recipe for parfaits. Again with the jars which I think is a great idea. Take them about anywhere and not worry about them. Course you can use parfait glasses too. These are good and seem to be filling too.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes Jello gelatin, any flavors
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 (6 ounce) cartonsyoplait thick and creamy vanilla yogurt
- 9 graham crackers, crushed fine
- Mix both packages of jell-o with the boiling water and stir till jell-o is disolved.
- Add cold water and stir.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or until jell-o is firm.
- Put half of the jell-o into mixing bowl and add 1 container of yogurt.
- Set mixer on a medium -low setting and blend until blended but not creamy.
- put about 2 teaspoons gramham cracker crumbs in the bottom of 6 half pint canning jars.
- Followed by about 2 tablespoons jell-o mixture.
- Follow with about 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs.
- Followed by about 2 tablespoons plain jell-o.
- Next 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt.
- Repeat layers until all ingreditents are gone.
- Wipe rims, add lids and refrigerate.
- Really I don't think the order matters.
- Just put graham crackers between each layer.
What fun, and the combination's you can make are unlimited. I used strawberry banana yogurt with strawberry jello and I had no graham crackers so I used animal crackers, crushed. Wonderful, I know the kids will love these when they get home from school and it's not really even bad for them, I used sugar free jello. thanks for a great , fun recipe and the idea of using the canning jars was brilliant.
Yum-m-o! We ate this for dessert all weekend. This was a very refreshing dessert. I added cool whip as one layer and also added a little granola on top. I used the cherry jello and vanilla yogurt. Will make again tonight!
Made & reviewed for the Recipe of the Week in the Kid Friendly Forum! We made these on Sunday evening, to take on a picnic on Monday, They are very easy (& fun gor the kids) to make. I used a couple of sachets of strawberry jelly crystals (vegetarian) & used digestives (UK equivalent of graham crackers). These were great & travelled perfectly in the cool box - everyone was very envious of our dessert!!! Thanks for a great recipe :)