Prep 15 mins
Cook 39 mins
Very tasty and lower fat than regular Jambalaya
- 12 ounces bay scallops, cut in half if large
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, casing removed & cut in bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or 1 teaspoon lite olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups salsa (your choice mild or hot)
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute the onions, green pepper, celery& garlic.
- Cook until the veggies start to soften about 4 minutes Add kielbasa, cook 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except scallops& parsley.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally or until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the scallops& parsley cook for a further 3-5 minutes Do not overcook the scallops.
My family loved this, thanks for sharing! Lots of flavor with low fat.
Wow, this was great, especially for the calories. This is definitely going to help with the diet when I'm craving comfort food. Thank you for posting.