Recipe by Jennifer78
This was inspired by Normaone's Low-fat Southern Cornbread, which is a great recipe, and includes several changes that I made to suit our taste, including adding low-fat cheese and fat free sour cream. I used an artificial sweetener that measures cup for cup. This recipe creates a dense, slightly sweet cornbread with a kick! Like it spicier? Add more jalapenos!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low calorie sweetener
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup corn or 3⁄4 cup mexicorn, drained
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, low calorie sweetener, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly moistened. Divide batter between muffin cups.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.