Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low fat but still delicious dip for veggies or baked pita chips.1 WW point per 1/4 cup serving.
- 439.41 g can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 19.71 ml tahini (can substitute natural peanut butter,smooth)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic
- 0.59 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas,reserving 1/3 cup of canned liquid,set aside.
- In food processor or blender,combine all ingredient (except reserved liquid) With processor running,gradually add reserved liquid through feed tube and process until smooth.
I made this using Peanut Wonder PB (100 cals, 2.5 g fat per 2 tbsp - www.peanutwonder.com or buy at Trader Joe's) in place of tahini. I also used a 19 oz can, but that made no difference. It came out more lemony and less garlicky than *I* personally prefer. I like my dips with a little more spice, so I added a few dashes paprika/cayenne. Overall, the family enjoyed the dip with my recipe for pita chips and with carrots. I even used some of the leftovers and mashed with canned tuna and came up with a new recipe! I'm posting it today! A tuna melt! You're recipe inspired me!! THANK YOU!
Excellent low-fat alternative. I added more lemon and garlic but still felt it needed a bit more spice. So like another suggestion, I added paprika, sea salt and some cayenne pepper and that did the trick. I will most definitely make this again!
I used the peanut butter alternative and couldn't believe how good and easy this was!I think I added a bit more lemon to suit my taste.