Recipe by Divinemom5
A low fat but still delicious dip for veggies or baked pita chips.1 WW point per 1/4 cup serving.
Top Review by nomnom
I made this using Peanut Wonder PB (100 cals, 2.5 g fat per 2 tbsp - www.peanutwonder.com or buy at Trader Joe's) in place of tahini. I also used a 19 oz can, but that made no difference. It came out more lemony and less garlicky than *I* personally prefer. I like my dips with a little more spice, so I added a few dashes paprika/cayenne. Overall, the family enjoyed the dip with my recipe for pita chips and with carrots. I even used some of the leftovers and mashed with canned tuna and came up with a new recipe! I'm posting it today! A tuna melt! You're recipe inspired me!! THANK YOU!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 teaspoons tahini (can substitute natural peanut butter,smooth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt