Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yummy wet chocolate cake.
Make and share this Low Fat Hot Fudge Spoon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 (5 ounce) boxof cook and serve pudding mix
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 6 egg whites
- Whisk milk and chocolate pudding in a slow cooker until pudding is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix, water, applesauce and egg whites until well-blended.
- Pour the cake batter into the middle of pudding mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Serve hot, topped with ice cream.
Like the other reviewer, it took about 3 hours. Nice and chocolatey. Satisfied that need well!
Strange and delicious! The mixture "bakes" in the slow cooker to a cake layer, a pudding center, and a layer underneath that seems liquid at first but thickens to a sauce. Very chocolatey and dense. Our applesauce jar broke, so we used some vegetable oil. And we found it needed more like 3 hours to cook. Fun, memorable recipe -- thanks qwerty!