Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Inspired from the net! Was this enjoyed? YOU BET! Healthy, easy to do! HOPE this recipe does inspire YOU!
- 4 hot cross buns
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar
- CUT Hot Cross Buns in three pieces lengthways.
- Butter and jam slices.
- In bowl, COMBINE milk, Splenda, 1 egg, additional 1 egg white and vanilla essence.
- LET sit for 30 minutes; making sure slices on covered in liquid (MAY need to put plate on top to weigh down).
- BAKE in 180C oven for about 25 minutes (until mixture has set).
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
I had some leftover hot cross buns in the freezer so made a half batch of this as a brekky treat, tasted really great for low-fat, & went well with some vanilla yoghurt. Thanks for posting!