1/1 Photo of Low Fat Hot Cross Buns!
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #541410's Note:
Low Fat, Dairy free,Egg free, Hot Cross Buns! I found this recipe on a site which I can't remember but I made adjustments to it. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g multi-grain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 50 g light margarine spread or 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 40 g mixed dried fruit (I added more)
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 200 ml water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar (I added a bit of honey as well)
For the crossed dough
- 11. Preheat Oven 200 C (400C).
- 2mix yeast + Sugar + 150 mL water.
- 3Mix all dry ingredients.
- 42. Make Well in centre, pour yeasat mixture + 50 mL water + Oil or spread.
- 53. Knead for 5 mins then cover + leave to rise 1 hours.
- 64. Cut in to dough balls + leave to rise again for aprox 20 mins or till double in size.
- 75. Before baking in the oven, pipe cross mixture.
- 86. Bake for 20 mins.
- 97. Brush over with Graze mixture :).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Hot Cross Buns!
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light margarine spread