Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You won't believe this isn't loaded with fat when you taste it! No one even knows it as tofu in it! Substitute the parmesan cheese with veggie mozzarella cheese (grated) for a dairy-free version
- 1 (12 ounce) package lite silken firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can artichoke quarters in water, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or grated veggie mozzarella cheese)
- paprika, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Puree tofu, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Stir in artichokes, spinach and cheese.
- Spoon into 8-inch glass pie dish or casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Dust with paprika before serving.
The reviewers were right! So glad I trusted them. I took this to a party and crossed my fingers that it would deliver on flavor and texture and it did!! I didn't tell the ladies until several had take a second taste. After I told them it was tofu, they were so surprised. One lady who was holding back, decided to have some after all. She is watching her calories/fat. ~ I also made it for my vegetarian daughter for dinner one night. She loved it! I usually put a light layer of mozzarella cheese on mine the final 5 minutes of baking.
This is really good for a low-fat dip. Would never guess it was tofu.
OH WOW! I went to a party and needed to bring an appetizer. I made this (served it will melba toasts) and the bowl was scraped clean! I didn't tell anyone (not even my husband) that there was tofu in it and not one person could tell! haha! I am keeping that a secret and will be making this again and again. It is a great substitution for the fully loaded spinach artichoke dip. I am so excited about this recipe! Thanks for posting!!