Recipe by Carianne
These are yummy and very versatile -- I made them this morning with chopped hazelnuts. A great low fat on the go breakfast!
Top Review by Mary Scheffert
Very good - I love the chewy texture the oats give to these. I also added about a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, along with a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and a 1/4 cup of cinnamon chips, along with the raisins. DH liked them too -- next time I will sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar after brushing the tops with milk before baking. I cut the dough into 8 wedges, and they are a nice size for breakfast or a snack. Thanks for posting - I will be making these again for sure! -M =)
- 354.88 ml unbleached flour
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml honey
- 44.37 ml egg substitute
- 78.07 ml raisins or 78.07 ml dried cranberries
- 88.74 ml fat-free buttermilk
- skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, and baking powder, stir to mix well.
- Stir in honey, egg substitute, raisins or cranberries, and buttermilk to form a stiff dough.
- Form into a ball and turn on a floured surface into a 7 inch circle.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place circle of dough on sheet, and use a sharp floured knife to cut into 12 wedges.
- Pull wedges apart slightly, and brush the tops with skim milk.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot!