Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I became a vegan, I really missed honey mustard dressings, which are usually made with mayonnaise. It's also low fat, especially if you use light tofu. *This one isn't COMPLETELY vegan, as it uses honey, but it lives up to my standards.
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft silken tofu
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 -4 tablespoons soymilk
- Mix tofu, mustard, and honey in a food processor.
- Slow drizzle in soy milk til dressing reaches desired consistency.
- Refrigerate immediately to blend flavors.
I had a lot of tofu and I have a love of honey mustard, so I decided to try this. I had to use spicy brown mustard which did not lend as much twang as I would have liked, but that was because of the mustard not the recipe. This makes a nice dressing and I enjoyed my french fries dipped in it!
hint for Non Vegetarians...If you are preparing something for a Vegan or a Vegetarian please check with them to see if they consume honey. Many do not.