Recipe by Ms*Bindy
A real nice side to a spicy Mexican dish. And these are so much tastier than canned refried beans, while still taking advantage of canned rather than dried beans. The recipe comes from Light & Tasty.
- 2⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add beans and mash (I use a potato masher).
- Add water; cook and stir until heated through and water is absorbed. It only takes a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice.