Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I grabbed this during my raid of my mother's cookbook shelf on my last trip back to the States. This one comes from a Reader's Digest booklet called 'Attack Diabetes With Food'. I am curious to see how the prunes work in the mixture.
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice or 3⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup prune butter (pureed prunes)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- Cut turkey breast into large chunks.
- Place in food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Transfer ground turkey into medium bowl.
- Add rice, prunes, mustard, salt, sage, and rosemary. Stir just to combine.
- Shape mixture into twelve 2-inch patties.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place patties on pan and broil 4 inches from heat, turning once until cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.