Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from a newsletter I belong to. Hvaen't tried it yet but will do so today.
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 lb 95% lean ground beef (5 % fat or less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 5 X 9-inch loaf pan with foil.
- Combine the oatmeal, milk, broth, carrots, onion, egg, parsley, garlic,.
- mustard, salt, pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently mix the turkey and beef inches.
- a medium bowl.
- Add the turkey mixture to the oatmeal mixture Mix just until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan, smooth the top.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 165 degrees - about 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the pan.