Recipe by Noo
Everybody loves chips...only problem is the high calorie count!! This really simple recipe cuts the calories down so you don't have to feel so guilty about indulging!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Wow - these are terrific. I had no issues at all with them browning but did find it took more like 30 minutes to have them cook through and brown but that worked out fine for me. I used a 375F oven temperature and turned them about every 5 minutes. My family raved about them. I'll definitely be using this recipe often. Made for PAC 2011 because you are my adopted Chef.
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 pints meat stock or 1 3⁄4 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into thick chips.
- Heat the stock in a large pan,when boiling,plunge the potatoes into it and cook approx 5 mins or until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cool slightly-reserve the stock for making chips on another day!
- Put the oil in a large ziplock bag and carefully toss the chips in it-at this point you can freeze them for use another day.
- Transfer the chips to a non-stick baking tray and bake for approx 15 mins,turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp (if cooking from frozen allow a little longer!).
- Sprinkle with paprika or if you're like me and can't live without it some spicy chicken salt.