Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everybody loves chips...only problem is the high calorie count!! This really simple recipe cuts the calories down so you don't have to feel so guilty about indulging!
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 pints meat stock or 1 3⁄4 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into thick chips.
- Heat the stock in a large pan,when boiling,plunge the potatoes into it and cook approx 5 mins or until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cool slightly-reserve the stock for making chips on another day!
- Put the oil in a large ziplock bag and carefully toss the chips in it-at this point you can freeze them for use another day.
- Transfer the chips to a non-stick baking tray and bake for approx 15 mins,turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp (if cooking from frozen allow a little longer!).
- Sprinkle with paprika or if you're like me and can't live without it some spicy chicken salt.
Wow - these are terrific. I had no issues at all with them browning but did find it took more like 30 minutes to have them cook through and brown but that worked out fine for me. I used a 375F oven temperature and turned them about every 5 minutes. My family raved about them. I'll definitely be using this recipe often. Made for PAC 2011 because you are my adopted Chef.
O'kay I made this 2 nights in a row (the DH comment unheard of) but the first night I made in a deep sided roasting pan and thought that was my problem in getting them nice and brown even after 30 minutes. Made as a 2 serve dish tonight (or the DM and I - the DH and DS opted for commercial frozen chips - don't touch them myself - their choice) and even though boiling them in vegie stock and following recipe and cooking at 220C fan forced I was struggling to get them brown in 30 minute3s but they still tasted good. Thank you Noo, made fpr New Kids on the Block.
This is really a very Great Fitness Recipie for people who are looking for low fat home made chips . Its very easy and time Consuming . I have also find a great website i want to share which is providing Fat free and gluten Chips and cripss which is very healthy and are made up of Natural Fruits and vegetables you can order them here : http://goo.gl/zQuXfe