1/2 Photos of Low-Fat Holiday Sugar Cookies With Icing That Hardens
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
Holidays are undoubtedly the most unhealthy times of the year. So why not make them a bit better? Not only do these cookies taste good, they look good, smell good, and most importantly ARE good... for you. Enjoy this yearly classic... just lighter. These are soft, sweet, and delicious. Whats also great about these is the dough doesn't have to be refrigerated! Icing based from AllRecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine (I use Light Becel Non-Hydrogenated)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat margarine and sugar until well mixed, adding egg white and vanilla as you go.
- 3Whisk baking powder, flour, tartar, and salt in another bowl. Mix bit-by-bit into egg mixture, not adding any more if the dough is too thick.
- 4Knead dough 3-5 times on heavily floured surface until smooth and at your desired consistency.
- 5Roll dough out on the heavily floured surface with a floured rolling pin, and cut shapes out. Place them on a cookie sheet, covered in parchment paper. (Don't sub the parchment paper for oil, butter, or cooking spray. Bottoms will crisp).
- 6Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes until tops of cookies have firmed, checking every few minutes to make sure they don’t brown (these are best light and soft).
- 7Take out of oven and place on cooling rack.
- 8While cooling, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla until shiny.
- 9Add food colouring to icing if you wish, and ice the cookies once they have cooled. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Holiday Sugar Cookies With Icing That Hardens
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g