Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy salad for lunch, as a snack or as a topping on a whole wheat bun!
Make and share this Low Fat High Protein Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- 1⁄2-1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 sweet gherkins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh peas (or sugar snaps)
- 6 almonds
- 1 scallion (or 1 small red onion)
- seasoning (salt or pepper)
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄2 sour apple (optional)
- Drain the tuna and put in a bowl, add the cottagecheese and mix (or mash) together with a fork until preffered consistency is reached.
- Dry the gherkin slices on some tissue and cut in smal cubes, add to tuna mixture together with the fresh peas or sugarsnaps (cut in small slices).
- Chop the almonds and the scallions (if prefered) and add to tuna too.
- OPTIONAL If you like to use the apple too, just chop it up and mix it in.
- Season to taste and add a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy just like it is, or add some cherry tomatoes and cucmber and eat as lunch salad or on top of some bread.
- Also great to bring to putlucks, just increase amounts.